Sharer

sjames86

Nov 25, 2009
Birmingham
i am considering advertiing for a sharer to help me look after one of my horses so i can spend enough time with both.

How much could i expect a sharer to contribute, both timewise and money wise?

^ £25 per week.

I have another potential sharer coming over tonight to share Harvey with Bluntcrayon and perhaps to ride little Amee as well.

I have advertised at £25 per week. I think this is a bargain in all honesty and I don't expect them to do any chores unless they want to :smile:

I'd charge them 50% of the costs of one horse and get them to do three or 4 days a week.

First though, I'd get them to do a 2-3 week trial where they come down to the yard with you only so you can see how they are.

I share a mare and i pay 20 a week and half shoeing so thats 33 every 2 months :) I have her 3 days a week sometimes more if her owner is going away on holiday etc.

I'm advertising for a sharer for mine coz on the days I work I have no time to do any more than the basics but she is on DIY so I'm asking for 2-3 days and basic chores (in during the day so mucking out and haynets) but no financial contribution - mainly doing it to give Lily some exercise on the days I can't do anything with her and give someone some horse-time :)

newrider.com