Shampoo for white & coloured horses

nicolaj

Mar 8, 2005
Sydney Australia
Hi

Does anybody have experience of those shampoos that are meant to make white horses nice and white.

Have a coloured with lots of white and some brown. As he lives out, tends to get quite dirty and dusty, so when need to clean up for a show, takes an age. Not about to start keeping him in to keep him clean as he hates being in.

So many on the market just wondered what experiences others may have had.

Thanks!

I found plain old 'stock shampoo' (I think Gold Label do one) to be the best for grey/white bits and it dosen't effect the other colors at all. There is another one but can't remember who makes it, its in a tall white bottle with a blue label which is meant for light colored horses and has added tea tree oil so makes the coat really nice.

J x

Try Quik Silver or Absorbine - I use both on my wart hog coloured before a dressage comp. Works a treat.

I have a great shampoo by Natural Equine for greys, it makes her so bright you need sunglasses to look at her and is completely natural too.

Absorbine Superpoo is really good too. They do a great whitening rinse if you have stained bits left, that really, really works - turns moo's tail from tobacco to bright white.

Also the Alva tea tree shampoo is brilliant.

All these shampoos have in common that they are concentrated and low lather, so you don't get tonnes of bubbles and they rinse clean much quicker making bath time less of a trauma all round!

quick silver definatly! i used to wash my white mini mare with it, and it worked really really good! i also wash my show mares socks with it, and they always sparkle for the show. that stuff really works, i wouldn't use anything else. as a matter of fact pretty much everyone at my barn uses it and loves it. :)

anything with a blue tint to it will work well!
for stans white bits i use dermoline shampoo, the stuff with the white label!

newrider.com