Shameless woe-is-me-self-indulgent-stamp-feet-thread

n-nellie-nomore

Mar 18, 2009
Bordeaux, France
www.luxurygite.com
Apologies in advance for the poor-little-me rant....

Having had numerous issues over the last couple of years with my boys, finally felt like I was getting somewhere. In my new-found confidence, decided to get Henry tacked up, lunged and ridden...by me !

He was being absolutely fabby whilst I was working him in the round pen. Decided he was definitely sane enough for me to hop on....so went to tighten his girth. He went ballistic. Moved his (not inconsiderable) behind from side to side, did a mini-rear (in a very Henry eco way - ie don't use too much energy), then started trying to roll. Eek. Managed to get him up - he got as far as being on his front knees (what the hell are they called in horse speak ??)

So, promptly changed mind about riding :redcarded:, couldn't even get near him to undo his girth. Had to walk him back to the yard whilst making him do circles around me the whole way. Did manage to get his saddle off.

Poor boy - he does have bad sweet itch, and I had had his rug off all day whilst I carried out some emergency washing (!) and repairs. Feel terrible as he was obviously gnawed to death during the day and the tightening of the saddle was obviously the last straw. He really isn't a naughty pony. Cheeky, definitely, but usually fairly obliging. Terrible owner I am.

So, as well as feeling what a bad owner I am, I'm also monstrously upset that I didn't actually get to ride. Boohoo.

Ok, self-indulgent rant over. Please feel free to add your own pet peeves of the day....Think of it as therapy. Get it off your chest here :biggrin:

Oh poor you, there is nothing worse then when you think everything is going to be OK - and its not!!!

However, he does have an excuse :angel:

Oh dear! Never mind, hopefully he'll let you on-board when he's less itchy! It is a shame when you get all geared up to ride and then something happens (even if it is something poor pony can't help). Roll on winter then - if it is sweet itch, does it get better?

Thank you for the shoulders to cry on :giggle: I think we may get a bit of rain on Monday....if that is the case, then Henry better watch out ! Plus I have got back my saddle with the haf pad (I'm sure this is less itchy for him than a sheepskin type pad ?). Also, maybe I will try doing up his girth in 10 stages, instead of 3. Eek !

newrider.com