Shameless Sponsorship Request!

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
I apologise in advance if this comes across as being very cheeky!

Last year my good friend tragically lost his 14yr old son to an undiagnosed heart condition, my sister and I will be running the Ipswich Half Marathon next Sunday in his memory and aiming to raise as much sponsorship for the British Heart Foundation as possible.

This really is a worthy cause and I know money is tight for everyone at the moment, but thought it was worth posting my Just Giving page on here just incase this was a charity close to anyone else's heart too and they were in a position to be able to sponsor my sister and I.

www.justgiving.com/Jennifer-Taaffe

I will sponsor! Will have to do it Monday when I have a better connection - bit slow here atm so will be going into the village Monday. Good on you for doing charity stuff!!

Just done Bitsnipieces...rather timely for me to donate to this charity...my son went to the GP Wednesday morning and hasnt been home since! He is still in hospital today having further tests done.:frown: But at least he has the opportunity to find out what the problem is unlike your friend's poor son. I cannot imagine how they have coped with such a tragic loss at such a young age. Good luck for the marathon!:smile:

Just done Bitsnipieces...rather timely for me to donate to this charity...my son went to the GP Wednesday morning and hasnt been home since! He is still in hospital today having further tests done.:frown: But at least he has the opportunity to find out what the problem is unlike your friend's poor son. I cannot imagine how they have coped with such a tragic loss at such a young age. Good luck for the marathon!:smile:

Must be a very worrying time for you C, hope he is home soon, with a good prognosis. x

Thanks Lauzy!

I'm really looking forward to the run next week, I was with my friend when he got that call to say that his son had collapsed while playing football, so this really is so close to my heart!!

Thankyou all so much for your support!!!!

Oh heck - sending you positive vibes.

Thankyou all for your kind wishes, good lucks and sponsorship. I'm really excited about it now! Can't believe how quickly it's come round!

newrider.com