Shameless Brag from me too!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Dom had his first official riding lesson on Jack on Sunday. He's ridden him approximately 6 times and has already mastered rising trot. Plus, he's actually "jumped" as Jack had such a to-do over the poles last week and was jumping them instead of trotting.

After Jack's shenanigins last week, I said "If I know Jack, he'll learn from this and the next time we ask him to go over poles, he'll be an angel". Two days later we led him round the school and he walked over them as if he'd been doing it all his life and on Sunday, they were laid out in the school as part of the RI's lessons so I told her we'd cracked it and Jack did us proud. Well... BOTH my boys did me proud as they had a really good lesson and it was lovely to watch them progressing so well. Took a few pics and the last one is a vid....

4-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

1-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Looking good :happy:

There must be something going around, I've given my dad 2 official lessons on Murf for the past 2 weekends and he's ridden him a handful of times before but he's already getting neck reining,weight aids, sitting trot, starting to rise, rein back and halt transitions fairly easily.

It's men, Tash... they just don't have the hang-ups us women have and as Dom's not experienced half the scary things I've seen or done he's a blank canvas..... he just shuffled aboard and instantly had a good seat and light hands... the bar-steward!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Excellent, looks great ...it is REALLY annoying when men in particular get the hang of things so easily isn't it!

I don't have that worry as i don't think i will ever get my OH back on a horse ever again (he didn't really like the only two times he has ridden, says its scary)

However my 9yr old son has been begging me for lessons on Harvey recently (yes, the son who had no interest in riding!) the boys tend to not take it as personally as girls when they get something wrong either/are corrected.

newrider.com