Selling stuff i may not need...

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Its only when I move sox I realise How much stuff his Lordship actually has!! Now on full livery I am tempted to sell some stuff ( rubber matts, saddle rack) However part of me cant help thinking about keeping them 'Just in case' I am awful with it!! My batteries and stuff I am keeping as there handy. But not sure n the rest. Thought

If you have somewhere to keep it, and you don’t need the money, then I’d say keep it!
Things change so often and you may not be on full livery for ever, rubber mats especially are so expensive.

Yes if you can store the mats I would keep them. I brought two of the thinner ones a few weeks ago for the trailer. They were £40 each. That's only going to go up. You won't have any trouble selling if you did decide to sell though. If you were closer I would have them, I have two stables to kit out. Um that will be about £500 new.
I would keep if you can, things change. You might go back on diy. I see some people who sell there things to pay for large vet bills. You never know what's round the corner.

Im another who would say keep it if you can, I bought rubber mats years ago and sold them when I moved yards thinking I wouldn't need them, needless to say I have moved since and had to buy mats all over again at 4 times the price I sold mine for :( If you can store stuff it is definitely worth hanging onto it, where I am now I don't need wheel barrow, mucking out tools, electric posts and tape etc - but Ive kept all of it as everyone else has said you never know what's around the corner.

I’d keep them too. I had flipo on boxrest and spent a shed load on equipment. He’d never been in before and I didn’t expect to have him back in after but I kept everything. I had so many folk beg me to sell stuff to them but I refused as just wasn’t ready to part with it after having to spend so much in the first place. Sure I’d get money for them but £40 per mat, I knew I’d have folk offering me silly money for something only used for six months! Now looks like I’m getting a bit of indoor space again for him and it’s so nice to think I don’t have to spend lots of money to kit it out, it’s all there.
If you can store it away, I’d choose that option, even if it’s away at someone elses place. Mine is in my parents greenhouse right now!

I would look at as how much do you have that you actually need verses can live without.
I have never bought mats in all the years of being around horses.

newrider.com