securing mini shetland in trailer??

polly101

Sep 25, 2009
Shropshire
Hi there everyone,

my loan mini shetland is going to vets on tue for nerve block tests and prob xray been lame on and off for four weeks :-(

My new trailer has just been finished today the few little jobs turned into lots of big jobs!!

anyway how do you think he should travel, i am panning to secure bales of hay at the front so he cant get under breast bar, do you think i should tie him or just let him be loose, but i worry about him trying to turn around shall i leave the partition in or not :help:

Any one travel mini shetlands berfore

thanks

Loose with no partition is how rascal goes. I don't think it matters what way they face - last time we travelled silver faced forwards and rascal backwards! They were in together loose.

We leave ours loose no poartition and let them find their own way. Much safre than getting tangled in a breast bar

in a 3.5tonne little box we travelled the mini shetland tied facing forwards at the other end from the breast bar, with the partition as big horse needs as little space as possible to stay on his feet!

hi,
thank for all your replies, Wally, I love your ponies!.

I travelled him loose with no problem, he is still at the vets though, they have done nerve blocks up to his elbow and have found nothing, nerve blocking his shoulder tomorow, he had an xray which showed nothing,.

If nothing show up with nerve blocks tomorow vet recommends bone scan.
Poor little ponio :-(

x

newrider.com