Section A pony.

tikkitti

Mar 8, 2015
Hi, Ive just bought a section a Knolton pony, her sire is Twyford Tattoo and dam is Knolton Llewela. She has Coed Coch Madog in her breeding. She's a gorgeous little thing not really interested in showing in fact was told due to her sweet itch she could never make the grade. However wondered if she is well bred, although as said didn't buy her for anything but a child's pony. I know nothing much about pony breeding apart from my first ponys sire being solway master bronze who was a decent welsh b stallion of his time.x

Lots of riding ponies have Twyford lines. The stud bréd prolific numbers of foals for years both sec As and Cs. The stud was dispersed a couple of years ago after the owner (Mrs Mountain) !died so no more Twyford ponies will be bréd.

It's probably harder to find a pony without Twyford in there than it is to find one with!

Thanks @chev Ive just found a copy of her breeding on the all breeds register she's called Knolton Misty, she's got revel in there too which I do recognize as a good bloodline but like I said as she was bought as a child's pony its irrelevant really. She is however really pretty and moves really well, a proper little lady. Its really sad to hear the lady who had the Twyford stud died, there's a lady local to us with a stud who despite old age and health issues is still is going strong, she said she couldn't imagine retiring as her ponies are part of her family.x

It was a real shame that after Alison Mountain died that the stud died with her :( They bred some truly brilliant ponies over the years and it's sad to think those lines will eventually be lost now. They also had a bit of a reputation for being sharp in some circles!

Revel again produced a lot of prizewinners. Revel Orange Pip and Revel Januns being two good stock getters.

This little mare is a little sharp but is a truly wonderful pony and a pretty one at that. Not a ounce of nastiness just typical welsh a spirit and a really sweet pony. Alison Mountain has obviously left a legacy of some truly lovely little ponies put there. I tried to find a picture of Twyford Tattoo but will keep searching, I'm sure there will be one somewhere.x

Hi there tikkitta- not sure how I stumbled across this but I was wondering if you still had Knolton Misty??

newrider.com