Secret Santa - likes/dislikes etc

Laura_107

Oct 15, 2010
Edinburgh
For those of us struggling for ideas to get our Secret Santa member (like me :redface:), I thought I would try and gather a bit more info on what you all like and dislike (whilst desperately hoping my member adds to this thread!)

For example....

I like:
- things that keep me warm on our freeeeezing yard
- ear warmer things instead of hats as I alwasy have my hair up
- riding boots (I have an addiction, I dont expect another pair of boots :giggle:, but any boot accessories would be very welcome!)
- hot chocolate
- personalised stuff
- dark colours for myself (ever practical)
- cheap sweets
- treats for Harv...I dont think there is much he wouldn't like!
- torches etc for helping me get up that dark lane at night!

I dont like or wouldnt use:
- smellies
- chocolate
- any tack since Harv isn't mine, though I wouldnt mind a numnah
- cuddly toys (the dog would get it before I did!)

Also, if people would like to share photos they like, their Secret Santa might like to use them for personalised stuff. I know I dont post photo's on here as Harv isn't my horse, but if you want to go down that route ask HappyHacker101 or Clashnoir to raid my facebook!

Ok, so I don't look like a div, it's now your go.....:wavespin:

*crosses my fingers and hopes for the best*

I'm not really too fussy and rather than post a long list of things I love here are a few dislikes:

Smellies (have sensitive skin so usually can't use it unless made by Simple or Johnsons)
Licquorice *barfs*
Meat (random I know, am vegetarian but not strict as I eat fish, gelatin & wear leather - oh crikey, not leather as in that kind, I mean generally for shoes, tack etc - not that I 'wear' tack either, I meant for the horse :redface: )

Quite a good plan.
Must say I have already done the investigation and purchased my SS already.
Still time to return it if my SS posts on here.

Think dislikes are easier too. I am grateful for any surprise present as I rarely get them.

Dislikes
I don't like chocolate
Not keen on smellies - sensitive skin

Sir Squiff is not fussy. Hell he has pink and purple rugs and looks like a clipped poodle!

I am struggling with my SS as well so hope they see this :unsure:

Likes -

Licorice sweets esp Lions Licorice Gums and licorice catherine wheels
anything minty esp kendal mint cake (sugar rush :biggrin:)and these are my latest thing . I am also partial to cherry lips :redface:
bassetts_mint_creams.jpg

Nail varnish & eye shadow - i can never have too many :redface:
Smellies - coconut being a particular favourite
cosy fluffy socks - i like rainbow socks a lot :happy:
Hair accessories - like pretty headbands/clips/grips etc

Trying hard to think of things i dont like but cant honestly think of anything..im quite easy to please as a rule :biggrin:

Just a few ideas for my SS..hope mine posts as well so i can get some clues !

ohh this may help me out big time as I am struggling a bit :help: though I am working on something

for me I would be grateful for anything really :redface:

emm

only thing I need to watch is smellies as I have very sensitive skin and a lot of allergies, though I am getting a bit better at being able to use some stuff :redcarded:

food I am an awfull fusspot but love most sweeties etc even though I shouldn't (diet :redcarded:)

obviously horsey stuff I am not sure of yet as don't have my own .... yet .. but I am going to look at some in the next week so hey you never know :giggle:,

colours - i LOVE orange, red, anything bright too :biggrin:

if there is anything specific, my ss could ask someone else to pm me for info

I just came to search for the secret santa threads as hadnt heard anything and iv been left out :(

Hope u all get very nice presents :)

Looking forward to the photos

Well tbh we like most things :bounce:

The one thing I am not keen on that somebody put on here is Liquorice......yeuk.......other than that very easy going:wink:

Shoe size 6 for socks and Medium for gloves x

Oh I'm soooo keeping everything crossed that my SS posts on here coz I'm struggling! :giggle:

ok for mine, emmmm, I'm grateful for any dinky presssies!

Ponies are all in Burgundy so anything that matches that
Eyeshadow

Dislikes
Liquorice

Oh, I'm really not as fussy as I come across in my original post! I was just hoping that if I put loads of stuff down my member would too :redface:

I am happy with anything, promise! And if they have already bought it, I'm sure I will love it :biggrin:

A huge bag of cash and diamonds?......Ok,ok, I'll try and be realistic.
I don't have an offical horse share but do get to ride a friends horse quite a bit, so any treats for my darling Albie would be much appreciated.
I'd personally prefer not to get sweets/chocs 'cause I like to kid myself I'm on a diet, but really, I do think it's the thought that counts and I think it will be lovely to receive anything from one of you wonderful, supportive peeps. xx

Hope my victim posts on here too!!!:wavespin:

Dear Secret Santa.

I don't know how people will feel about this...especially my Secret Santa. :redface:

I don't feel very festive this year. :( My priorities on what is important to me have changed dramatically since the horses were stolen. I have little, if any, feelings about 'material goods' anymore, and would give anything just to have my horses home and never receive a present from anyone ever again. :cry:

If this causes offence, please ignore me, but...instead of buying me a gift, would my secret santa consider donating to this sanctuary for me instead?

http://www.noeallatotthon.hu/index.php?lang=en

At the bottom of the page on the right, is a yellow button with ADAKOZOM on it. It's the Paypal donate button. Please mark any donation 'For the Horse Rescue Team'. The amount will be donated in Hungarian forints, but it will tell you in £GBP before you send payment. £1 is approximately 350 Hungarian Forints.

Sorry if I've offended you, whoever my SS is.... :redface: but I'm getting very involved with this sanctuary, and the horse rescue team, and honestly, charities in the UK don't know they are born, after seeing how hard it is to get donations for animals here, especially horses (who, if they can't work, just get eaten). There's SO little in the way of animal welfare here, I've seen first hand how a small amount of money can mean another sack of oats, or another horse vaccinated, or another wormer.

If anyone would 'like' and share our FB page, that would be great too. My involvement there is translating their website info into English, which is REALLY testing me! They have been actively spreading the 'find KV and friends' information around Hungary for me, this is the least I can do in return.

http://www.facebook.com/horserescuehungary

Thank you. Kxx

Last edited:
I am small - hands, leg length etc. I often wear age 12-14 clothes:eek: I love brightly coloured things and love pink :eek:

Silver is pony size and all in purple.

Rascal is red and a pain for sizes.

Patch the dog is new and whippet like.

I like smellies, though generally prefer practical stuff - books, lead ropes, grooming stuff for horses, Socks etc

Love books on handling, flatwork, nh and especially dog training/health as I have no idea what I'm doing!!!!

I dot like milk and bacon. Generally avoid mollases and have to avoid garlic for the horses :) hehe

KV I don't think your SS will mind at all. A very humbling post - I only hope your horses are home for Christmas, it would be the best present ever x

Great thread. I am really easy to please loving any sort of present but, trying to be helpful, I love chocolate, especially hotel chocolate, thorntons and galaxy.
I would love a calendar of arab horses,
I always need warm sock and those cheap, pimple palm gloves (always lose 1)
Anything pretty, sparkly, purple and pink.
I have lots of high vis pink stuff so don't need any of that.
Love anything hand made.
Love bubble bath but not oils or soaps. Also love smelly candles.
Bearing in mind my long maned friesian any leave in oil or hair conditioner, or detangler will be greatly appreciated.
If my SS has aldready bought me something completely different, It doesn't matter, I will love whatever it is anyway.
Hope this helps :biggrin:
Kis - I am so sorry you are feeling so unhappy. I would give anything to get your babies back for you but I can't so I will donate to your charity anyway (not your SS but just want to help). Take care of yourself xxx

Oooh this helps as my ss has posted and i have got it right :)

Me, easy really both me and horse like purple. Headcollars not really as i use a rope halter unless anyone can get a purple rope one lol

Horsey treats.
Eat most sweets.
Fav bassetts licorice allsorts.
Smellies. Love white linen body shop
Really xcited as this is my first ss.

Last edited:
newrider.com