Second Hand Boots

CarolineR

Jan 30, 2001
Moorgreen, Notts UK
Visit site
Can anybdy help we are looking to buy some long riding boots, but they are so expensive new, does anyone know where we can get our hands on some second hand ones?

Also does anybody have any feed back on Rectiligne Casual Oiled Leather Boots, as it is this kind that have been recommended and they are very expensive, however are there any comparable makes out there of the same style.

Many thanks for your replies in due course

Hi, I have the same problem as you, I would suggest looking around in your local tack shops, they usually have second hand gear.

your local tack shop might have some - i got my first pair second hand from mine. (they're for sale again, incidentally - size 6 short leg.) my new pair are brogini - got them at the bath and west show this year. they were £200, same price as the rectilignes but i liked the line of the foot better - i thought the rectlignes were a bit clumpy.
these are my new ones
brogini2131.jpg

I agree with trying ebay. I bought a brand new pair of mountain horse high riders off there for £80 and they are £120 in the shops.

Long riding boots

Do you want them for showing? If so I don't think oiled leather are very suitable. Try your local tack shops who usually have a secondhand rail. I picked up a beautiful pair of Hawkins black leather butcher boots with leather soles and linings for £40 in my local tack shop. The previous owner had lost a lot of weight and they no longer fitted her. Her loss was my gain and I am still wearing them 5 years and 3 re-solings later. It doesn't matter what I throw at them they polish up wonderfully (with Kiwi Parade Gloss polish and a bit of elbow grease). There are bargains to be had out there.

newrider.com