Second competition!

Jun 12, 2019
Illinois
I’m entering my second horse show this sunday! It’s gonna be super fun, in my first I brought home a first place ribbon + trophy, in addition to a third place ribbon. Hoping for more success this time around too! Last time i did a walk and a walk/trot show, now almost three years later I’m doing a walk/trot/canter and beginning crosspoles! Exiting!

For my ground events I requested my favorite school horse, Windy, that I rode for my two events in my first, now she’s getting old and is semi-retired or I would request her for jumping too. For my jumping events (the beginning crosspoles is 3!) I requested a very lovely well behaved 16hh gelding, Guinness, one horse of three tied for second favorite.

My lineup (requests) looks like this!

Ground:
Windy
Guinness
Renny

Jumping:
Guinness
Renny
Annika

And of course, horse tax!
Windy, my adorably sassy baby. She just turned 27 a few months ago and still going strong! Also seems very confused about the concept of a camera.

Renny, the absolute definition of a Lazy Old Man. Also got me out of my falling phase and gave me the confidence to canter again.

Annika, who KNOWS I’m hiding treats. She can feel it.

Will upload pictures of Guinness at a later date, for some reason I never thought to take a picture of him!

Reactions: GaryB
newrider.com