Sealtex latex bandage (for wrapping the bit)

Prjsmk

Dec 1, 2017
Someone here recommended it but cant remember who, anyone orderd some and it came today. I was just wondering if anyone had used it and whats it supposed to look/feel like on the roll? As it says self sealing but it doesnt seem to be (tried on a corner) is it supposed to be sticky? Or slimey or something? This roll seems really dry and because it will be on the bit dont want it coming off in his mouth for obvious reasons

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
It's normally really sticky... what do you mean you "tried on a corner"? It doesn't stick onto surfaces, it sticks to itself..

Prjsmk

Dec 1, 2017
Yes trewsers to prevent bit rubbing... Joosie i tried the corner of it on itself, so folder the corner... I think its dried out as didnt stick

joosie

Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
Forget the corner. Cut a piece off and wrap it around a pen, it will stick. It can't be "dried out", it is meant to feel dry to the touch - it's latex (you're not expecting it to feel like glue are you?). Look at this video for what it should look like and how to apply, she starts wrapping at 1.30. I've used it for years and never had a problem with it not sticking.

Prjsmk

Dec 1, 2017
@joosie i have tried stcking it as it should be used (well a friend did who uses it) and its not sticking, its almost hard and crispy, no i wasnt expecting glue but i wasnt expecting almost hard and crispy either

joosie

Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
@joosie i have tried stcking it as it should be used (well a friend did who uses it) and its not sticking, its almost hard and crispy, no i wasnt expecting glue but i wasnt expecting almost hard and crispy either

Well it definitely shouldn't be hard! It might just be faulty, I would take it back to the shop with your receipt and get a new one.

Last edited:

Prjsmk

Dec 1, 2017
Got it off a website i have contacted them, they are dealing with it. Just a pain i have to wait as i wanted to be using it already, hey ho can stick with ground work in a head collar for now then

joosie

Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
Don't forget that using this stuff on the mouthpiece will make it thicker and could affect the fit of the bit.

Prjsmk

Dec 1, 2017
So i did try it, it does stick well... The only issue i had is my bit starts thicker and one end and thins towards the middle so couldnt get a good even wrap around my bit so saliva did get under it and make it move, but it didnt come off at all

tried it a few times, just couldnt get a nice even wrap around due the bit shape, going to try the cheaper verson i spotted aswell (when i find it again) il let u know how that one goes