Sam Update (and a fall)

Lindsey_S

Sam's Mom
Nov 7, 2005
USA
Well, I posted a while ago that i'd try to keep everyone updated with my horses progress. he had flatted well alll of last week in just a smooth copper eggbutt snaffle with a plain cavasson noseband. On satuday, we were scheduled for a jumping lesson. We warmed up and then walked while my RI watered the arena down. When we went back to work, we trotted round the bottom of the ring and all of the sudden both of us were on the ground. I rolled clear of him, and the first thing i did was get the reins away from his feet. his wind was knocked out of him, he caught his breath and got up. we walked a little and then trotted (in hand) he was sore in the stifle. (poor guy). we rubbed him down and gave him a very low dose of bute. on sunday he was better so i rode him lightly (15 minutes tops) and im hoping he'll be ok today.

He must have slipped, but he couldnt even scramble to get his feet back under him. Theres sand in the arena, but when the YO took the tractor around to scrape the hay out (it was scattered all over because it had just been delivered and it is stacked in a blocked off area of the arena) he took a lot of the footing with it..... so now we're back on the clay......Not good

newrider.com