Sam kittie at vets

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
He was very thin and had a lot of manky teeth out a month ago. Was improving but stopped eating yesterday. Taken to vets today, running 40 degree temp and looks dehydrated. Kept in put in drip, given antibiotics.

Vet just rung after running bloods. Blood tests are unexpected. His kidneys are not shot to pieces, his liver function is good, he is low in potassium but that would be explained by not eating well for a couple of days. Been given some metacalm to bring down his temperature, now we know his kidneys are ok. See how he goes but nothing in his bloods to give a clue as to why he is thin or where the infection is. Vet will ring back later and see if he stays in or comes home.

he is 14/15 and have had him since a kitten, he is the black and white one, ginger is his brother Fudge and the one at back is Bunny, who sadly is no longer with us.DSC00758 (2).jpg

Hopefully what ever it is will go as fast as it came, one of my old girls had something similar last year, wouldn’t eat, lost lots of weight and was generally not herself at all, vets ran bloods as yours have and couldn’t find anything wrong at all. Antibiotics and some paste with pre and probiotics and she bounced back and has been well and happy ever since, we never did know what caused it but vet seemed to think it might have been something she ate.
Fingers crossed and lots of vibes for Sam x

He is home, the vet re-scanned his kidneys today to compare with last time and there is fluid there, which could be an infection, or could be cancer. No way of knowing. So he is on antibiotics and see how he goes. If he doesn't regain weight, it could be that though the blood tests didn't show anything wrong with this kidneys in terms of urea, they could be not working 100%. Or the fluid could be the infection he is fighting which caused the high temperature. If he doesn't pick up, we could try steroids as a cancer therapy but i would go the full blown chemo iv in hospital route, he is 15, he will just be allowed to do what he wants till he tells us enough. Sad but hopeful he may be ok.

He is home, the vet re-scanned his kidneys today to compare with last time and there is fluid there, which could be an infection, or could be cancer. No way of knowing. So he is on antibiotics and see how he goes. If he doesn't regain weight, it could be that though the blood tests didn't show anything wrong with this kidneys in terms of urea, they could be not working 100%. Or the fluid could be the infection he is fighting which caused the high temperature. If he doesn't pick up, we could try steroids as a cancer therapy but i would go the full blown chemo iv in hospital route, he is 15, he will just be allowed to do what he wants till he tells us enough. Sad but hopeful he may be ok.
Rooting for him - hope it's just an infection.

I suppose having the energy to be naughty is a good thing, ? Hope it's a sign of him picking up.

Reactions: Trewsers
I suppose having the energy to be naughty is a good thing, ? Hope it's a sign of him picking up.
Didn't quite see it that way as my bad knee hit the floor......but yes, he wanted out, this was his second escape attempt....he is at least eating quite willingly so far so fingers crossed he is feeling a bit better. He always goes out, just has a poodle around the garden or comes down to the yard to supervise, then he stands at a door on the window cill for you to let him in. We used to have the catflap open but since Lucy got killed we only let him and his brother out as they are sensible and never leave the garden.

Reactions: Huggy
Sounds like he’s feeling a bit better at least, fingers crossed it is just infection. xx

newrider.com