Sally Swift - Centered Riding, Anyone got experience of her methods?

Yes, me! I went on an Open CR clinic back in Sept 06, and loved it so much that last year I went on the teacher training courses and am now a CR Level One instructor.

I find them hugely beneficial. I'm currently in the process of organising a two day Open CR clinic here in Lincs in September, details to be published as soon as I have booked the venue!

Unfortunately CR instructors are thin on the ground in the UK at the moment, but have a look at www.centeredriding.org if you want to search for your nearest :)

Feel free to ask any questions :)

I learned for four years from an RI who, while not part of the centred Riding Organistion, was deeply influenced by Sally Swift.
Very good.

Hi, I am a Centered Riding instructor and was lucky enough to have begun using Centered Riding over 20 years ago. When I bought my current horse, I was living in Holland where the methods are very different and it just didn't work for her. I found myself another CR instructor and I have ridden her through prelim to medium advanced using CR techniques. There are not many accredited CR instructors in the UK, but we are a growing species. My website is: www.balanceinmotion.co.uk. I travel all over the UK and Ireland hopefully inspiring people with CR - the horses love it.

Sally Swift - Centered Riding

I discovered Centered Riding years a few years back and found my previously very difficult mare became a different horse. When the opportunity for clinics became available in the UK a few years back I had no hesitation - I was attending. I loaded my mare onto the trailer and off we went to Scotland.

I enjoyed the clinics and experiences so much that as a result I went on to do the Instructor training. I think there are currently 6 of us who are Centered Riding Instructors in England. (It's growing all of the time!)

I have been riding for almost 30 years but I can say that since applying Centered Riding techniques to my riding, my balance and 'feel' have accelerated and a 'huge' bonus point is that my back no longer hurts!

I'm based in County Durham and currently travel North-East, Yorkshire & Scotland! If you want to check out my website click here

I discovered Centered Riding years a few years back and found my previously very difficult mare became a different horse. When the opportunity for clinics became available in the UK a few years back I had no hesitation - I was attending. I loaded my mare onto the trailer and off we went to Scotland.

I enjoyed the clinics and experiences so much that as a result I went on to do the Instructor training. I think there are currently 6 of us who are Centered Riding Instructors in England. (It's growing all of the time!)

I have been riding for almost 30 years but I can say that since applying Centered Riding techniques to my riding, my balance and 'feel' have accelerated and a 'huge' bonus point is that my back no longer hurts!

I'm based in County Durham and currently travel North-East, Yorkshire & Scotland! If you want to check out my website click here

How often do you travel up to Scotland?

Centered Riding

I'm actually up in Scotland saddle fitting and teaching private lessons on that day. You see, aswell as teaching I'm a Saddling Consultant and a Balance Saddling System Test Ride Facilitator.
My teaching and Saddling Consultation work, compliment one another, as it's impossible to expect the horse to move balanced and freely under the rider if the saddle is restricting it's movement or putting the rider out of balance.

I do day mounted clinics for 3 - 8 people when people arrange them in their area. This keeps costs down for people, especially the organiser.

I also do saddling awareness workshops for groups and clubs, these workshops go into detail about the horse bio-mechanics and the effects saddles can have on these.

If you want more details PM me. cheers

Just to let you know I'm next in Edinburgh on 1st November for lessons using centered riding techniques and saddle fits. I'm currently booked 9am - 2pm with availability at the moment from 3pm - 6pm. I must travel South at the latest 7pm as I am teaching clinic on the 2nd November.

newrider.com