Saharan dust cloud due to hit UK today

Ben coughs on dusty hay as well so I hope that this isn't an issue for him. I saw the big red patch right over your part of the country and thought of you. Hope your horses are OK.

Reactions: Jessey
It happens quite often, I wouldn't worry about it. When Eyjafjallajökull went off, we got covered in volcanic ash.

The dust in hay is spores and organic matter, the dust from the sahara is mineral dust.

Reactions: Jessey
It was the fact they told people with asthma to stay in their houses with their windows shut that got me wondering if it would effect breathing in ponio's too :D

Thinking of you all. I remember getting up one morning to cars covered in Sahara dust back in the late 70's when I lived in England. No one knew what it was until the weatherman came on telly later in the day. Don't think they could predict it ahead of time back then. Hold your noses little ponies!

I was really out of breath on Tuesday and Wednesday walking to the top of the field to do the poo picking. I couldnt understand why I felt so breathless. Mum thought I was putting it all on. Till we sat down on Wednesday night to watch the news and them saying that there was bad air pollution forecast due to dust.

newrider.com