saddlers-Edinburgh and surrounding areas....

ponygal

Jul 8, 2008
Can anyone reccomend me a saddler in Edinburgh or surrounding areas please? Also if theres anyone to avoid let me know!!! I had someone out last week but was thinking of trying someone else. Any info gratefully received-ta! (pm if you want). x

Laura Simpson (amayzing saddlery) may cover your area or Kay Hastilow or Shirley Justice Vose?

Other than unfortunately that there isn't anyone I'd be happy to recommend.:cool:

Another vote for Lee Valley, but be prepared to spend money, mine cost £1098!

:eek:

They didn't have anything to fit my lad, but armed me with a template to take to my local tack shop, where I picked up a 2nd hand saddle which was a decent fit, and adjusted it to suit my horse (and me!) - cost me considerably less thankfully! :)

Sorry - have to disagree - wouldn't touch Lee Valley with a very long barge pole - seemed very friendly and helpful but about as useful as a chocolate fireguard!:rolleyes:

I am going to be different and say quite a lot of people at the yard have used stirlingshire saddlery, always the same woman (dont know if there is more than her :confused:) But all the saddles have always been great.

Kay Hastilow I would be a little less towards, im sure she is good but some people havent had good experience that i know

xx

Would echo Jenni and KTC, and suggest you go nowhere near Stirlingshire.

Just goes to show the difference in opinion on saddlers and what a minefield this can be!!:eek:

newrider.com