Saddle Covers

Monty

Nov 16, 2001
On a farm
Visit site
I've got frantic trying to find a cover for my dressage saddle, and all I can find is GP saddle covers which won't accomodate the longer flaps on a dressage saddle. I just want something waterproof, not posh, for dashing in and out of the tack room when it's pouring with rain, or walking Rebel up to the indoor school from the trailer when it's wet.
Any ideas folks??? Thanks.

Not sure where to get them but if all else fails on old towel does the trick quite well!

We get ours from the local leisure centre's lost property when they clear it out every few months.

Tomorrow I'll have a turf out in my workshop, I'm sure I've got an Icelandic saddle cover which would cover a dressage saddle, don't buy one just yet, let me have a rummage first, you are very welcome to it as I have never used it!

i have a thin rain coat that i always leave at the yard and when it rains i put the coat over the saddle and wrap the arms around the stirrups it covers all of my icey saddle.

Thanks all for the tips. I'll wait to hear from you Wally,before I do anything. Galadriel.......love the ones on e-bay! But you're right about the postage!!

I havn't given up looking, I turned out the cupboards in my workshop, with the help of my boy's two ferrets....wasn't there, I have a feeling it may be in the stock cupboard, I shall endeavour to look in there.....I may be some time!:D If I'm not back in 3 days send in a search party!

I've got a wonderful thing, A plastic mac for a horse! full rug size including neck cover with ties all over the place. It even has holes in it for stirrups so you can ride in it. Moss, I know he is a roughy toughy Highland but he does not, will not go hacking in the winter gales without it on. Cost £25 from Town and Country stores in Exeter. Horsewear do one without stirrup holes. It should cover your saddle and keep Rebel dry as well.

newrider.com