Saddle co Saddle Fitter? Edinburgh?

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
Struggling to get hold of norm and don’t want to harass him with texts. But does anyone know of Saddle co Fitter in Edinburgh area that will be able to come out over next week? Can’t sadly wait a month until norms due again as have events booked.

we don't have a saddle fitter for the saddle company in aberdeen ;) i remember poohsmate telling me ages ago that since rebecca left we haven't anyone up here. Hayfield sell the saddles but were cagey about the fitting when i quizzed them about it.

we don't have a saddle fitter for the saddle company in aberdeen ;) i remember poohsmate telling me ages ago that since rebecca left we haven't anyone up here. Hayfield sell the saddles but were cagey about the fitting when i quizzed them about it.

ah right its just on the website, they only show Hayfield

Shows my desperation doesn’t it. Just after 2 months really want to get him back in work under saddle now and have booked some events doh! They were both fitted on Friday and ridden in but not sure if its my fat backside they now right down. No hand room at all under pommel. And voltans reaction is to rear :( So all riding has now stopped

i'm sure i saw one in stirling..i'll have a look

ETA i cant find anything but i'm sure i saw one listed in Alloa as that was who i was going to contact if norm couldnt come up, maybe ive finally lost my last marble......

Last edited:
looked into this ages ago and could find none in Scotland, might be able to get one of the others ones to come out though if norm cant come back?

Shows my desperation doesn’t it. Just after 2 months really want to get him back in work under saddle now and have booked some events doh! They were both fitted on Friday and ridden in but not sure if its my fat backside they now right down. No hand room at all under pommel. And voltans reaction is to rear :( So all riding has now stopped

Oh My..... does anyone know if this is common?

I had mine fitted recently, and have just done the 3 hours bedding in and and mine has dropped too low as well. I can't afford another £75 call out fee and am not too sure what to do. :eek:

There are no Saddleries that have a saddlerr who fits SC - I had a look a while ago.

Gavin Riley (in Balerno, showjumping guy, does the jumping at Ravelrig horse show) however has a vice to change the width. He doesn't fit saddles anymore as a living but was willing to come out and do mine last year. He's really quite good and gave a good assesment of the horse before telling me the saddle couldn't be made to fit rather than tell me what I wanted to hear ;)(as an old style SC with a more curved tree).

I don't have his number but Norman was able to give it to me and the SC itself will have it.

I can't afford another £75 call out fee and am not too sure what to do

If it's just the flocking thats bedded, take it to a saddlers to be topped up (£30). If it's too wide, not the flocking has bedded down get a front raiser pad until she gets fatter. I have Kalli in a front raiser (fitted with the saddle, for when she puts weight on over the summer) : this one's good - exactly the same as prolite without the price tag (have seen it cheaper but it's not up at present) - it is actually a front raiser, it just doesn't say it.

Thanks Pink - will look into that as would love to get it fixed in next week.

Rarah - not sure - first time i had saddle co saddle

I was gonna suggest a front riser too Nookster just til he muscles up a bit.

I can recommend the saddler that is doing Kias reflocking. She give you a free re-assessment once the saddle beds in. I have been to her workshop and she is very nice!!!

Only problem is is that she is currently waiting to get her stookie off as her horse broke her arm and I dont think you will want to wait that long :eek:

Hope you get this sorted out!!

Nikki xxx

eta- www.aivly.com/product_69902.htm or I have bought from these people before very reliable!! - www.tds-saddlers.com/ProductDetails.asp?PCLinkID=3082 xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone - norms been in touch and i have a list of things to go do so fingers crossed.
:D

Thanks!

Yay!!!!

Fingers crossed for you hun!!! toes are crossed tooo!!!!!

Nikki xxxx :D:D:D

If it's just the flocking thats bedded, take it to a saddlers to be topped up (£30). If it's too wide, not the flocking has bedded down get a front raiser pad until she gets fatter. I have Kalli in a front raiser (fitted with the saddle, for when she puts weight on over the summer) : this one's good - exactly the same as prolite without the price tag (have seen it cheaper but it's not up at present) - it is actually a front raiser, it just doesn't say it.

Thanks for the suggestion but this is a NEW saddle which has only been ridden in for 3 hours. And Logic is as fat is she's going to get!! (she loses weight in summer due to a grass intolerance).

I've got a more knowledgeable friend looking at the saddle for me tomorrow (just in case it's me being paranoid) and if there's a problem I will have to get the saddler out again, hopefully she won't charge the full price since it was only 2 weeks since she last came out?

thats great!! so pleased you have it sorted.

Rarah - i know that norm came back to check our saddles after the bedding in period as they do drop. I think that is standard with the saddle co saddles and should really be part of the original charge/call out. i might be wrong.

newrider.com