Ruby and Beetle

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
It is exactly two years since Ruby and Beetle, two border terriers, went missing at Nisbet Scottish Borders.

I remember the day perfectly as i was walking Harrison and Kim poodles nearby and heard shouting. I had my mum in the car so i didn't go to investigate, so wish I had now, maybe could have caught them, stopped them being stolen.

They had been on a shoot. OK some folks don't approve of shooting but stealing someone's dog is unacceptable. They ran off for an explore and sadly there is a farm track that leads from the river and meets the back road and we think they went that way and were unlucky enough to be picked up by a vehicle and stolen. Their owners have campaigned tirelessly to try to find them.

It really shook me that two dogs could be taken from what anyone would consider a safe walking route, I use it all the time, hardly ever meet a soul. I am so blessed that it wasn't my two that day.

MISSING - RUBY & BEETLE | Facebook

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
It is exactly two years since Ruby and Beetle, two border terriers, went missing at Nisbet Scottish Borders.

I remember the day perfectly as i was walking Harrison and Kim poodles nearby and heard shouting. I had my mum in the car so i didn't go to investigate, so wish I had now, maybe could have caught them, stopped them being stolen.

They had been on a shoot. OK some folks don't approve of shooting but stealing someone's dog is unacceptable. They ran off for an explore and sadly there is a farm track that leads from the river and meets the back road and we think they went that way and were unlucky enough to be picked up by a vehicle and stolen. Their owners have campaigned tirelessly to try to find them.

It really shook me that two dogs could be taken from what anyone would consider a safe walking route, I use it all the time, hardly ever meet a soul. I am so blessed that it wasn't my two that day.

MISSING - RUBY & BEETLE | Facebook
How awful. I read something on the online sky news yesterday about dogs getting stolen more frequently and folk being sent ransom videos. How despicable.

Last edited:
Yes they are getting stolen from peoples front gardens. People let them out for a brief toilet break unattended and theyve been taken round here.

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
Yes me too.
Years ago our road was relatively quiet very few people up and down it. We used to let our labrador out and she would go over the road for her toilet stops and come back. One day she didnt come back.
We got a phone call from the animal shelter saying a dog had been handed in which looked like her. When we went to pick her up she recognised us straight away but she was in a terrible state. We found out where she was found and said no way could she have walked that far, she was 16. We are absolutely certain that someone had picked her up in there car from our road. Beaten her so badly and then dumped her. We had to have her put to sleep she was in such a state. This was many years ago before the days of dogs being stollen and puppy farming. I would not let my dog out now unattended there are so many people around loitering on the road. You never know whos about.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Yes me too.
Years ago our road was relatively quiet very few people up and down it. We used to let our labrador out and she would go over the road for her toilet stops and come back. One day she didnt come back.
We got a phone call from the animal shelter saying a dog had been handed in which looked like her. When we went to pick her up she recognised us straight away but she was in a terrible state. We found out where she was found and said no way could she have walked that far, she was 16. We are absolutely certain that someone had picked her up in there car from our road. Beaten her so badly and then dumped her. We had to have her put to sleep she was in such a state. This was many years ago before the days of dogs being stollen and puppy farming. I would not let my dog out now unattended there are so many people around loitering on the road. You never know whos about.
Omg that's terrible. What absolute sh*tes to do that.

newrider.com