Rubber Matting / Uneven floor

Emma'n'Alfresco

Aug 18, 2008
My horse is currently stabled in a 3.5 x 3.5m stable. The stables has a concrete floor but is a bit uneven a few lumps and bumps , nothing dangerous but uneven all the same. I am wanting to put down rubber matting but It will sit uneven and dip in places so was looking for a bit of advice. I was going to fill in the 'dips' with concrete but the floor will still not but even as there are slightly raised patches. I have noticed you can get liquid rubber flooring that you lay yourself and it will set in place, has anyone ever used it? as i have never heard of it before today. It was just an idea to put it down as a base layer to even the floor out properly, as it will set about an inch thick in a stable my size and that should eliminate the raised patches. I would then want to put propper rubber matting down ontop which leads me to yet another Q (sorry!) Does anyone know of a good place to get rubber matting at a decent price from ? He would still be getting a bed ontop of it.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks :)

I would put mats on top of it as I would only really be using it to even out the floor so it would still be rather thin in places i.e. where the raised bits are underneath. So the mats on top would sort of be the cushioning part of it. Also if i was to move him In the future I could take the mats with me but obv not the liquid stuff. Is just options Ive been exploring as me with cement over the whole area is just asking for disaster lol.

I got my rubber mats off e-bay, even with pallet delivery it was cheaper than local shops. I think the company was called coroba?

Ali-c

newrider.com