RS with lessons for Adults in/near Middlesbrough?

HJ&Katie

Jul 28, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.flickr.com
Hi -

I have been riding at the Meadows (Emersons) near Stokesley for a couple of months and normally end up riding with young kids and cocky teenages (i'm 32). I would prefer to find somewhere which can offer an adults group withing 30 minutes or so of Marton which is not extortionate and might have the possibility if a share horse in the future. Being a wuds I would like somewhere with indoor facilities for the colder months (september - july ;) )

Any suggestions would be appriciated :)

Hi I'm not really sure of any where near Middlesbrough apart from Eston? or possibly one on Brass Castle lane?

welcome to NR :)

Eston are full at the moment - or so they told me. I keep thinking of having a couple of lessons at Stainsby (next the the A19/thornaby) as a friend Jenny had her lessons there and is not training to be an instructor elsewhere.

I've never had lessons there or know of anyone who has so can't really help? best thing is to go along have a lesson and if you don't like it don't go back but if you do keep going :) the two places i used to go to yeard ago have closed dowm one is a private yard now and the other is a housing estate!

personally i'm not keen on stainsbys lessons although the facilities are fab. I rode there years ago and it's so different now.

The one on Brass Castle Lane is Ford Close ran by Sue Ritchie. It's really good but expensive. I'd reccommend it though as you do actually learn rather than just ride :)

Some of the kiddies that have lessons with my daughter at Emersons started out at Ford Close and the parents complained there wasn't much riding going on in the lessons.

Might give them a ring anyway. If i find somewhere I am happy and make friends I might look at getting a Horse after a while - i live a mile or so from Ford Close, and pass a few others on the way to/from work iin Darlo.

have you tried Bense Bridge too?

Claire who teaches there used to teach my friend and she loved her.

Good luck if you do decide to change schools

i can recomend a good one if your near crook?
(not sure how far away but you mentioned darlo so it may be close?)

Saltburn Riding School does adult lessons on Wednesday nights and Thursday afternoons. They also do private lessons during the day. However, it is about an hour away from you. All the ponies are lovely and the staff are really friendly.

Saltburn Riding School does adult lessons on Wednesday nights and Thursday afternoons. They also do private lessons during the day. However, it is about an hour away from you. All the ponies are lovely and the staff are really friendly.

Is that the one on the right as you drive into Saltburn just after the huge Marske roundabout? takes me about 20 minutes to get there as i live near the Parkway in Marton.

Stotfold Crest Stables
Elwick
TS27 3HQ

Mrs. L. A. Perry

Telephone:
01740 644040

It's just off the A19 near Hartlepool so easy and quick access from Middlesbrough

Hi again,
Well I gave Saltburn a ring and have just got back from a beach ride with them. Omens were good when Mrs Hill allocated me a gorgeous darling called Heather (my name is Heather) and while i resisted the urge to go with the cantoring group i really enjoyed my walk / trot on the lovely sandy beach between Marske-by-the-sea and Saltburn.
I have booked into an adult lesson on wednesday night at 7 as the prices are brilliant.
I optomistically emailed about a part share in Sedgefield, but no response yet :(

newrider.com