Rosie posy in her harness

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
Rosie posy in her long reining harness, Has been another lovely day here today amd once again she has excelled herself. Next stop now is pulling some weight :) She has still not put a foot wrong!

12795480_1701666456738964_4199990719266443184_n.jpg 10322789_1701666430072300_4300758247777262111_n (1).jpg

She's fab :D I notice you have her forelock plaited/tamed, do you think thats necessary when they are in blinkers? I haven't tamed Hanks when harnessed but wondering if I should be?

She's fab :D I notice you have her forelock plaited/tamed, do you think thats necessary when they are in blinkers? I haven't tamed Hanks when harnessed but wondering if I should be?

NOt really Necessary, Its just habit really makes life easier getting the bridle on! then tucking it all in sectons/getting it into place!

Reactions: Jessey
Oh gorgeous Rosie, she looks very calm and happy with her little friend. Have you thought about plaiting the 'tash to match the forelock? :D

Reactions: joellie
She is the most calmest horse Ive ever known, Green as the greenest grass! but Calm, non explosive and very willing to listen to the handler and trust whats being asked.

Reactions: Jessey
I split a heavy forelock and put it over the top of the blinkers, If the forelock blows between the eye and the blinker the horses cannot see forwards. If anything happens the horses cannot see and my Driving instructor will not have M&M competing at her events without forelocks secured in some way. She had someone's team gallop into the side of her car once when the splinter bar broke and the team ran off without the cart. The horses had a lot of forelock in their blinkers and they galloped straight into the side of her car.

Reactions: Gimp
That Eejit I told you about who joined me at my work... used to purposely ' blind' the heavy horses with their forelocks he figured they wouldnt spook..... Did I say he was an eejit??

Reactions: Wally
I split a heavy forelock and put it over the top of the blinkers, If the forelock blows between the eye and the blinker the horses cannot see forwards. If anything happens the horses cannot see and my Driving instructor will not have M&M competing at her events without forelocks secured in some way. She had someone's team gallop into the side of her car once when the splinter bar broke and the team ran off without the cart. The horses had a lot of forelock in their blinkers and they galloped straight into the side of her car.

This is exactly what knowing things about driving is, a perfect example. Its not all about hitching a horse up and it being well behaved and faultless.. thats what we all aim for and should aim for. However knowing about safety aspects, and what could go wrong, and why.. and possible outcomes in the worst case scenerio. A bolting horse nobody wants be it in a headcollar, a saddle etc. However put a carriage behind the said horse and the carnage can quadruple, aswell as the risks to the horse.

Reactions: Wally
Tomorrow is my first chance to try some next steps with her ( have been burdened with a toddler of school for 2 weeks LOL! ( not poorly, my car was!) I hope to get her swingle tree of the carriage rigged up to a tyre.. and try out STAGE 2 !! Least we had plenty of practise making sure Stage 1 was perfected :D

She looks lovely and very cute! Looking forward to seeing more pics in the future :)

newrider.com