Rock crunching?

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Terrible video but do you think he looks comfy over these stones? The more I watch it the more I think he looks short in front but this is quite a demanding surface and he's alot better than he used to be. Just wanted some more opinions

Reactions: newforest
Looks happy enough to me.

I don't know why I thought you post would be photos of rocks šŸ˜‚
I do that that's possibly why.

• Haha
Reactions: domane
Not knowing how he normally moves and not seeing him on a different surface either I wouldn't like to say. He does look to have quite a short stride in that clip, but that could be his normal.

It's also uphill too, great video by me šŸ¤£ didn't think about doing a comparison one

Try putting the camera onto something and walking then trotting past.
He's not hopping.

This was also taken this morning but is on a circle. Anyho it's only my curiosity

Looks happy enough to me.

I don't know why I thought you post would be photos of rocks šŸ˜‚
I do that that's possibly why.
I do quite enjoy smashing rocks to see what's inside them! Usually more rock

On the first video I don't think he's taking even strides so maybe he just stood on something a bit ouchy or maybe he just had an 'earth to brain' blip for a second. On the second I thought he was shorter striding with his offside legs then I realised it was a circle šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Slowing the footage down he's tracking up, but it's not really easy to see as his hooves go out of shot.

Itā€™s not a great angle to judge, but from the look on his face I wouldnā€™t be too concerned. Itā€™s ok for them to feel the odd stone, itā€™s if they consistently shy away from, or potter over them, we have to worry.

Honestly, watching that little guy navigating those rocks, I can't help but feel like he's quite comfy up there. It's like he's become a rock-climbing champ over time! I agree the front might seem a tad short, but given how demanding that surface is, he's come a long way. I like pets, and I even think of becoming a pet trainer (I found this interesting site - read if you think of becoming professional dog trainers). So, thanks for sharing the video!

Last edited:
newrider.com