; ; :( rip

Feffie

Aug 25, 2010
Just been told that Ixie my cat had to be put to sleep, she was projectile vommiting so the vet decided to open her up, found a huge tumor to the entrance of her stomach so nothing was passing through and it was effecting her pancreas which was why he glucose was so high...the lympnodes were inflamed as well so it was malignent...if he had taken it out the prognosis wouldn't have been good he would have had to have removed most of pancreas, she would of had to had an intensive course of chemo and it would have only given her a month at most.
It's such a shock as 2 days ago she was fine, vet said it must've come up very very quickly...
she was only 4 as well ; ;

That is so sad, and so young too. RIP little Ixie - at least this way she didnt suffer for weeks on end did she?:twins:

Thanks guys, it's a complete shock...I know she wasn't well...but never thought she wasn't going to come back home, just thought she was dehydrated....nothing worse ; ;

Whatever you thought, you were quick to notice and did something sooner rather than later and spared her suffering as a result. I hope you can take comfort from that. xx

Thanks all, having aprivate cremation so I can hav eher ashes back...thinking of getting something like this
http://www.bathaquaglass.com/memorial-glass/MG01.html

Such a shame, I had her since she was a few hours old, she was found just lying on a pavement, no cat or other kittens near by, she had oposable thumbs and new how to use them, I raised her from one day old feeding her every 2 hours for the first few weeks then every 4 hours so on and so on.

She was so so clever, new exactly how to unlock the catflap, open doors, turn the tap on for a drink, and was always very very playful, she would play for hours with hairbands and would talk to them.

Other cats seem quiet at the moment, probably wondering where she is unless they already know.

newrider.com