RIP Rosie

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
2013-12-01 09.21.06.jpg Just gone, the laminitis, cushings and then an abscess in the foot was just too much for you.

Run free, sound, no more pain.

Last edited:
Bud and Fleurette had a good sniff at her, everyone upset when the digger came. She is next to molly, her old pal, two old coloured cobs together. I feel very odd, I knew it would take a miracle to get her through the winter, but I didn't really expect to lose her this week.

When we got home from the show on Monday, she was holding up a leg, vet out, tried draining it, couldn't find anything, next day farrier found abscess right at point of frog, so right near pedal bone, it started to drain, but today despite poulticing and pain relief, couldn't get her comfy. Vet came back out, tried to drain it more, just hit blood....so bone very low, very difficult to recover from. It would have been a very long road back, and if her other front had gone as well due to the extra weight, she was stuffed, she wouldn't lie down as I think she was scared of getting up.

She had a final day in the sun, with loads of apples from the garden, Pasture Mix as she refuses to eat high fibre cubes or anything good for her, and we said goodbye. Even if i got her over this, her episodes of bad were getting closer together and in the winter her little paddock was going to be just mud, so i have no idea how we would have managed her, but we would have tried.

I was dreading this as she is needle phobic but she went quietly and calmly and was very brave. Feel numb, she wasn't my favourite horse, she could be a total cow, but she was brave and bolshy and I admired her. She knew, she was very sweet and gentle today, so very ill, as she is only nice when she is poorly. I just let her pig herself on junk food as I had a feeling this was going to be it. Horrible seeing her being dragged up the field, but fluffed her up and straightened her out once she got to her grave. She can now bully Molly to her heart's content, as they are side by side, reunited.

newrider.com