RIP Molly

Marzipan

Dec 7, 2005
Leeds
I'm not sure if I really have the right to post this, my heart really goes out to the members of staff that were there today and found her, but one of our ponies was sadly put to sleep this afternoon after her leg was broken when she was kicked in the field.

Molly was one of the healthier of our horses and as awful as it sounds, you tend to prepare yourself (although it makes it no easier) for the oldies or the less well horses having funny turns, but today's phonecall was completely unexpected.

Molly was a very pretty little lady, who, like most of our lot, had had a rubbish start to life and still did not fully trust humans. However, she was very happy at the sanctuary, she loved a good gallop if she felt like it first thing on the morning when being turned out and was brilliant to groom despite her lack of trust in human beings.

Despite being the smallest pony in that field, she was the bossiest and kept everyone else in line, always having to be first in for her tea.

She will be truely missed...RIP little Molly.xx :(

What a shame for Molly. I think it is touching that you posted this and she obviously meant a great deal to you, you have a lot of empathy for her. If only horses knew what sort of damage they can do to each other in this way...

Aww Amy thats so sad, is that the little girl in the top field who was the boss

Terrible for the staff to find her like that too

RIP Molly

I couldn't seperate her pic but she is on this sheet

picture.php

newrider.com