Right, he IS moving!

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I've had enough, reached breaking point.

Today I tried a little hack. Awful. First of all met a huge lorry blocking our path, had to get off as ale got worked up and the guy didn't want to move. Then had a depressing walk along the roads. Eventually managed to get back on but was not enjoying it. On the way back cars passing far too fast.

Got back decided to have a little trot in the school. Gypsies then show up and ale goes mad, understandably. I can't take this anymore, losing all my confidence. Fed up and worried about getting injured, or my mum.

Going to ask on fb tonight 'for a friend'

Ale is totally fed up and grumpy too, feel like crying this is all I need right now, but we will work something out!!! Here's to a better future! And soon!

I dont know how you have put up on your yard for so long already with the troublemakers adjacent and to incidents you have mention in the past. Hope you find somewhere fab!

Reactions: MrA and Ruskii
I think because ale has been happy, but now I just really think he isn't :(

Reactions: Gimp
Exactly I want to be able to enjoy owning him and know that he is happy.

I will talk to my yard owner as soon as I get a chance and then start looking.

Just want 24/7 turnout and secure tack storage. Ideally a school. Fingers crossed I can find something local enough...

I really hope you stumble on the perfect place soon, I find they often show up in the least expected place/time. I totally agree with the above comments that you have done well to tolerate it this long and should get to enjoy horse ownership :)

Reactions: MrA
I hope so too, there are a few options around my area. There is one yard which is promising, 24/7 turnout, good fields excellent hacking, think they have a school and only 3 miles from work so doable. Will have to look into it more once I've spoken to yard owner.

What were the gypsies doing on your yard near your school?! (Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?) they shouldn't be anywhere near the school or yard. I feel sorry for you. I hope you find a better spot soon.

Why do you need to talk to your YO first? I'd find somewhere first and put a deposit down to secure a space, then give notice where you are. It might take you a while to find somewhere you are happy with - would it not be awkward if you have told your YO you are unhappy with her yard and are leaving and then don't leave for ages?

They think they are entitled to go anywhere they please.they rabbit and play in our fields and often (at least 3/4 times a week) come onto the yard and often are very mouthy when told to leave. They range in age from about 12 to 19 plus. Sort of scary when a group of the older ones come up although they are usually more respectful when told it's private property, doesn't stop them coming back again after a few days though.

I'm on good terms with my yard owner. Just think its polite to tell her I'm thinking of leaving, she already knows anyway as we spoke about it a while ago, when I told her I was thinking about going next year but wasn't sure. Now my mind is made up.

Spoke to yard owner, glad I did, she was understanding and grateful I told her. So the search begins.

More troubles with the gypsies today, came in the fields opened the gates, dogs chased horses. Then the horses chased the kids and dogs. Police were called. Just not pleasant at all. We haven't had problems for a while but must be a new lot causing all these new issues.

Really cements it in my mind that I'm making the right decision for my boy and me.

Who was there first? The yard or the gypsies? Must be awful for the YO trying to earn a living with all that going on. The police should move them on - and do something to stop it keep happening. Not sure what tho?!

They have permanent camps there so no chance they will ever be moved on, that is where the council has decided to house them.

I do want to move away but I'm at a bit of a loss of where to start, I check job sites but nothing at all similar to what I'm doing seems to come up.

So far have found zero yards so I would say the search is going badly right now...

Still looking :(

There is not alot round this area! I had one lady contact me, at first it sounded perfect but they only take barefoot and Ale is shod fronts. And also there is no where to store tack. I wondered about buying some heavy duty storage container of some sort but was stumped really as apart from an £800 small shipping container there isn't much choice that would be robust enough to leave tack in overnight. Shame as the fields sounded ideal as there was option to strip graze and right on bridle path :(

Will keep looking and hope something shows up before sept/oct, they are still in overnight currently which is frustrating, they used to go out mid April but now we are lucky if it's mid may :(

newrider.com