Riding Socks

First ride walk and trot.
I think the item is a good idea but like the above poster said normal long socks do the job for them. Would they do the job for me, will try that to. ( trying Kadence as well)

Good points.
They were comfortable and enabled a closer contact than boots or gaiters.
Not too hot on a warm sunny day.
Ok length for adults
Didn't pinch after hour and half.

Not so great but first ride.
I actually found them awkward to get over my jodphurs because I kept ending up with lumpy fabric. Once sorted, it became one big lump above my boots. The jodphurs are not my best in terms of fit to be fair.
Anyone using breeches or leggings would be fine.

Want to try out again. Glad I liked them because I need these for a last a week!.

Reactions: domane
Second ride.
These do the job but only if you have the following-
Breeches, jodphurs without the turn up, silicone ankles.

Good idea but they do need to be more robust. In comparison with standard long socks designed for riding/ walking/ hiking they are more awkward to get on as pimple section need to be on your inner leg.
I already have a couple of little snags.

So my view is just use normal socks. These are likely to be thicker anyway and I didn't get a rub from those either.

Last edited:
Second ride.
These do the job but only if you have the following-
Breeches, jodphurs without the turn up, silicone ankles.

Good idea but they do need to be more robust. In comparison with standard long socks designed for riding/ walking/ hiking they are more awkward to get on as pimple section need to be on your inner leg.
I already have a couple of little snags.

So my view is just use normal socks. These are likely to be thicker anyway and I didn't get a tub from those either.

Thanks for the review @newforest :)

Reactions: orbvalley
Well I was never convinced for myself so this has confirmed that! Thanks for the review.

Just to add the photo. One has already lost six of the dots off one calf. The other has already started to fray.
This is after three hours of riding in walk and trot only. They were only put on just before mounting and took off right after.
Hardly touched in my opinion.

PicsArt_10-02-05.41.41.jpg

Seensome of these a few weeks back, glad u posted a review on them, thankyou xxxx

newrider.com