Riding pony

sam_pring

xx Smo and Tor xx
Aug 10, 2003
Exeter, Devon
Visit site
I have just purchased a riding pony, having never shown a riding pony I am unsure of the rules at bigger shows. We have a bsps show to do with her at the end of may, and would like to enter her in the inhand class and possibly the ridden, she is 13hh does this mean the rider needs to be under 15 years old?

any info appreciated

In unaffiliated classes the rider can often be of any age, depending on the show. For BSPS you will go in 12.2hh-13.2hh classes, so the jockey is not to have attained their 15th birthday before the 1st Jan of the year of the show. The rules for BSPS show pony are here http://www.bsps.com/html/section_e.html

Most BSPS shows won't have an inhand class, but some will have an unafiliiated inhand at the show.

Have you watched many riding pony/show pony classes? It's worth going to a qualifier to watch what's expected before venturing out with a pony.

ive been to shows before, my step mum has got m and ms and so have seen plenty of sho pony classes, just havent taken much notice before!! didnt expect to ever get a show pony, just got her on the off chance

newrider.com