Riding makes everything OK

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
I was in a FOUL mood this morning! Went for my normal Friday lunchtime riding lesson - and Poppy was BRILLIANT! We didn't do anything special, just working on trotting circles and getting the right canter strike off, and focusing on riding accurately, but it was such a mood boost. I am happy happy now! Riding has the power!

I know! Very envious of your ride - I am doomed atm due to foul weather and a horse which isn't quite right. Glad it went well for you. I am going to mend my jodhs...lol can't see that having the power to cheer me up! Heheee

Probably not! Darning has never been my forte...I hate sewing, I do it as it's cheaper than buying new all the time, but I don't enjoy it at all!

I know that feeling well. I rode Ben in a gale last night. It was pouring with rain, our school is on the top of a hill and the wind is so strong. I was a little nervous because Ben has been like a rocket recently, but I decided that I just will not let nerves get the better of me and as I always ride on a Thursday, I was going to get on and ride.

Ben was wonderful, simply fantastic. As we cantered round the school with noises, debris and the howling wind in our faces, I knew that he really is my soulmate. I felt so lucky to be able to ride my horse in that weather and I'm still smiling today.

Aye you can tell your horse all your troubles and she wont argue with you.

I could certainly do with a good hack out on Joy today, things are pretty rubbish atm, but there was no way I was going to have the time.

newrider.com