riding in wellies

I've been curious about this too, although my feet are only like a 7 mens and I wear a 7-7.5 womens boot:eek:. I have a pair of Hunters:D, I haven't yet worn mine riding(or ever for that matter) just because of the width of them but I think this winter I will wear them since it will be really muddy and with a barn full of 20 horses that means mucky mucky:)

How could the mud be too deep for normal boots:rolleyes:, most tall boots are actually taller than wellies:)

sorry, what are the rolling eyes for.. what i meant was my boots have zips and the mud was too deep and making the zip clog up and break so in winter or the worst of the wet weather i wear weliies and would then just ride in them too

I don't have long boots and at the mo my jod boots are no good (can't afford a new pair for the mo) so I wear my hunters. I would have to have long boots made specially for my fat ass calves so I never buy them, would rather spend money on the animals and children x

the only problem with riding in wellies, is the fact it ruins your wellies- they will split quicker (on the ankle and the 'toe joint' if you get what i mean) and it will rub the lining off where it touches the saddle (so inside of the calf)

you also have to make sure your stirrups are big enough, because with the large tread on wellies they wont slip out as easily if something goes wrong.

newrider.com