Riding Holidays

Country_lad

Jan 12, 2008
Norfolk
I'm looking for some help really! Thinking of going for a bit of a riding holiday - but not sure if i'd benifit more from somewhere that would provide more lessons than hacking. what do you think!? I sort of feel it'd be nice to have some lessons as I only ride half hour weekly at the mo and think if i had a few days away somewhere and have some lessons etc would be more benificial. Any recommendations or ideas would be greatly recieved!!

My good friend out here runs riding holidays and trails around Hungary - but you need to be up for a LOT of fast work. She states this VERY clearly in the brochures/website, but still people come who can barely rise to the trot and they cause havoc!

There's a few places in the UK that do holidays with lessons and hacks and different activities. How far do you want to travel?

I'm looking at doing something like this next year to celebrate my (whisper it) 50th birthday.
A friend took her daughter to a place in Wales a couple of weeks ago and they had a fab time. I've seen photos of them all riding along the beach AND using the school. My friend is a very experienced, confident horsewoman, her daughter is 7 and has just learned to canter, and she took an auntie (who can just about w/t/c) and cousin who is a fairly nervous newbie. She said they were all catered for, all had wonderful reliable horses and ponies, and that when they did things like beach hacks, they were all invited to join different groups -such us, just plodding, bit of trot, nervous canterers, competent canterers, and let's gallop like hell! Don't know if you were thinking of staying in the UK, but if you'd like I can find out the details?

My good friend out here runs riding holidays and trails around Hungary - but you need to be up for a LOT of fast work. She states this VERY clearly in the brochures/website, but still people come who can barely rise to the trot and they cause havoc!

There's a few places in the UK that do holidays with lessons and hacks and different activities. How far do you want to travel?

I must admit i hadn't thought of an overseas holiday!

I don't mind travelling to far - any where closer to home norfolk is better but happy to travel!

I had a great time hacking at Spirit of Exmoor, including some lessons in classical riding (bareback!). But it's a long way from Norfolk, I'm sure you'd find somewhere closer.

I'm looking at doing something like this next year to celebrate my (whisper it) 50th birthday.
A friend took her daughter to a place in Wales a couple of weeks ago and they had a fab time. I've seen photos of them all riding along the beach AND using the school. My friend is a very experienced, confident horsewoman, her daughter is 7 and has just learned to canter, and she took an auntie (who can just about w/t/c) and cousin who is a fairly nervous newbie. She said they were all catered for, all had wonderful reliable horses and ponies, and that when they did things like beach hacks, they were all invited to join different groups -such us, just plodding, bit of trot, nervous canterers, competent canterers, and let's gallop like hell! Don't know if you were thinking of staying in the UK, but if you'd like I can find out the details?

Yes i'd be interested to find out more! - I can say i'm pretty confident in walk and trot. I wouldn't say i'm compitent at cantering and its this i'd like to work on if i could find a school or something to work/have lessons on.

newrider.com