Riding Holidays/ trecking centres

lovethosehorses

Nov 18, 2008
South Manchester
Experiences of riding holidays and places where you can go for a ride if you are on holiday would be great. Both home and abroad. Otherwise, its just hit and miss and very much reliant on internet sites.

I work at a hacking stable in the Algarve. If you ever come here on holiday, look me up ;)

Newton Livery down in Cornwall is fab! (Well it was when I went!). They do lovely hacks - private or group and the horses are FANTASTIC!!!!!! Steady and responsive - staff are great too. If it weren't for them, I'd not be sat here on NR now (they took great care of me when I wanted to hack after 21 years away from horses!!!!!!!) They re-lit my passion for horses (plus they didn't make me feel silly even when I giggled like a 10 year old nearly all the way around the hack!!!!)

Cougie Pony Treking in Glen Affric Scottish Highlands.

Beautiful stunning scenery and lovely highland ponies. Amazing place to go for a trek, very laid back ponies, fun for all the family as take little ones on lead rein too.

I love it.

I have got a couple too
www.spiritofexmoor.com. Based at High Bullen Farm, Lynton, North Devon. Beautiful areas and coastline. Out of the farm gates onto Exmoor. Group rides, with accommodation. All barefoot horses, gorgeous.I have been 3 times now (for a week)

www.atspringhill.co.uk. based near LLangollen, just over an hour from Manchester. More of a trekking centre but do have accommodation (self catered) lovely area and a good choice of horses. Have done a couple of day rides and last time stayed over and rode both days.

newrider.com