Riding holidays on own

suzanne7575

Jul 25, 2007
Scotland
I would like to do a riding holiday next year but I have no-one to go with so would be going on my own and i worry that everyone else will go with friends etc. and i will end up spending all my time on my own.

Also can anyone recommend anywhere good to go (i live in Scotland so not south england please) that has horses (as i don't have my own to take unfortunatly

Thanks

If I lived closer I would invite myself along with you as it is something that I am thinking of doing too. :p I was hoping to go recently with an old friend of mine - she lives in Wales and I live in Stafford so it would be a nice long weekend.

Sorry but I cant help you out with regards to reccomending any, however, have you look on the site links on here under Holidays. I had a look not so long ago, I know there were a few in Wales, but obviously no good to you.

i doubt very much you would be a loner so to speak :p all us horsy peeps tend to get on like we have known each other for years!! and there may well be lots of others in your position.

Do you not find that when you go to the supermarket and you spy someone else wearing jods you end up chatting for an hour or so about horses??!!

I went on holiday with Northumbria Horse Holidays near Hexham many times and always on my own. At least 50% of the people were on their own and I had a brilliant time and a great laugh with like minded people.

Unfortunately that company is no longer running, but I'm sure others will be able to recommend somewhere.

Do not be put off just because you have no-one to go with. I loved every moment.

ETA: there are lots of holidays advertised in the back of horsey magazines

I'm interested in hearing more about Ivesley too - looking for somewhere to go next year.

Don't worry about being on your own on a riding holiday. I have been on several and still keep in touch regularly with some of the people I have met on these holidays. At least you are guaranteed to have something in common with your fellow holidaymakers!

newrider.com