Riding hat too big need to sell! :(

An_Riz

May 20, 2017
So my lovely new Caldene Ultra PAS015 riding hat came today and what do you know, it's a size too big! It'a 56cm and I always wear 57 (in harry hall at least) and I got it online so it was risky but anyway...

The website (go outdoors) had said it was refundable but now that section has mysteriously disappeared from the page when I checked. So I've emailed them to make sure but I fear it won't be possible.

SOOO, does anyone want a new riding hat size 56? Or know anyone who might want to buy it off me? It was 85 pounds plus 5 pounds postage which amounted to 101 euros for me.

I would adore if someone could take it off my hands so I can get another that fits.

I guess hat sizes are like bras.... I've always been a 55 in Harry Hall's but my Charles Owen is a 58.

Reactions: An_Riz
No its not refundable I just checked- from the site.

'Items that can only be returned if they are faulty

We can't offer refunds or exchanges, unless faulty or not as described, on the following products:

• perishable goods such as food; and
  • products, such as gas cylinders and cartridges, safety headwear, safety climbing equipment, swimwear and underwear, sealed for health or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them.'

No its not refundable I just checked- from the site.

'Items that can only be returned if they are faulty

We can't offer refunds or exchanges, unless faulty or not as described, on the following products:

• perishable goods such as food; and
  • products, such as gas cylinders and cartridges, safety headwear, safety climbing equipment, swimwear and underwear, sealed for health or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them.'
I know I saw that but strange thing is when I was buying it, I checked several times to make sure it was returnable and beside where it said 'details' of the product there was a 'returns' tab and it did say that you had 30 days to return, or 14 if you wanted postage refund also.

So maybe they did not mean to have that section appear there, in which case it is misleading, but I definitely saw read a returns description when I was buying. Strange indeed

The Distance Selling Act means everything bought online from a retailer or dealer is refundable. That is what I was told a while ago.

The Distance Selling Act means everything bought online from a retailer or dealer is refundable. That is what I was told a while ago.
Surely it must be refundable, they cant expect helmets to fit people 100% of the time. I measured my head and it was 56 and the helmet is slightly larger than that so what am I to do, say whoopsie daisy and keep it anyway?? I think I will really push for a refund. Ive email them anyway and am awaiting reply.

Surely it must be refundable, they cant expect helmets to fit people 100% of the time. I measured my head and it was 56 and the helmet is slightly larger than that so what am I to do, say whoopsie daisy and keep it anyway?? I think I will really push for a refund. Ive email them anyway and am awaiting reply.

Depending on the reply you get, I'd mention reporting them to Trading Standards or the Ombudsman (lol not sure which one!) because I am pretty sure all online retailers are obliged to offer a refund and return policy regardless of reason, ie, doesn't matter if the item isn't defective. Make a noise and mention going on independent feedback sites if they still won't budge! Usually does the trick.

newrider.com