Riding Hat Deodrant?

Mistertron

Late Starter
Feb 11, 2007
Nottingham
Hi,

Does anyone know where to get some sort of spray for the inside of your riding hat to stop it getting sweaty??

I thought i had heard of such a thing but can't seem to find any in the shops.

Thanks.

if you put bicarbonate of soda powder into a cloth and wrap up, it acts as a deodouriser. I put it in my boots and everything! :D

I'm not sure how long tour ment to leave it in. I just wrap it up in a clean cloth and put one each in my boots until I go riding next. Don't put loose powder in, remember to wrap in a cloth:D

To deodorise my trainers I stick them in the freezer overnight as this kills off the bacteria that causes the smell. I don't recommend doing this with hats though as I think it might compromise the integrity of the structure. Try it with stinky boots though :D

Charles Owen helmet has detachable pads which can be washed. Charles Owen deoderent spray every time I use it. In summer I wear a bandana under my helmet as that can washed daily.

Check out the ILPH bandana type thingys at www.buffwear.com go to the charity section in "buy a buff" and have a look!!

Funny you should mention that - i just subscribed to 'England's Equestrian' magazine and they sent me a 'Buff' as a subscribing gift!. The publishers have several martial arts mags as well so i'd thought i'd subscribed to the wrong mag when the Buff arrived in the post!! :D

newrider.com