Riding boots - opinions please

I have a pair of K*TY short joddy boots with steel toe caps, haven't actually worn them yet (they will be coming out when the mud goes away - staying in long boots for now!) but have tried them on and worn them in the house and I can't fault them for the price (inc postage was about £20!). I've bought loads from equestrianclearance though and highly recommend them!

I have these in black. I got them last year but when they came they weren't fleece lined at all! Having said that I know someone else who has the brown ones and they are lovely and fleecy.

Overall they have been ok. I stopped wearing them because the leather soaks up wee when I muck out and therefore they are really smelly. That probably happens with most leather boots though doesn't it? I currently wear Woof long mucker boots as they are more waterproof, smell of horse wee last and are very cosy and warm. I love them. I still have the other boots and in principle I'd wear them to ride but in reality I never do.

Thanks for the response. Honey65 can you ride in the Woof boots or are they for yard use only?

Also do the sizes tend towards larger or smaller? I'm usually a 5 but sometimes a 6 so not sure what to go for when buying online...

Sara, I had the woof long mucker boots.

Absolutely loved them as they were warm and yes you can ride in them, although I found that they did not support my ankles enough whilst riding.

Unfortunately as much as I liked them, the last pair I had didnt last that long before they started leaking at the sole.

Which is why I bought my diamante wellies :D

Now my Harry Hall Faro Boots are the most comfortable leather riding boots I have ever owned.

Not only comfortable but being only 5'3" they are not too long either and they support your legs, ankles etc and I feel help keep my legs stiller. They are a bit pricey around £85 but I bought mine off Ebay for £45.

Last edited:
Thanks Claire :) your Harry Hall boots were what I had in mind but I couldn't find them cheaper than £75 on t'internet. In the end I have gone for these:
https://www.equestrianclearance.com/ecw_catalogue/k_ty_edwina_riding_boots/index.html

slightly cheaper as they are synthetic but it states fur-lined in the title so they must be and that's what I liked about the other ones... don't really care in terms of leather vs synthetic as they are bound to need replacing fairly soon either way so just want to go with the cheap option!

newrider.com