riding Assesment today,maybe changing RS

maxigirl

Jul 25, 2009
Huddersfield
Yesterday Tj and I went to look at a RS about 5 mins away, the one we are currently riding takes me 30 mins to get to thats on a good day, its a small stables with about 10 horses, it's very clean and has 2 areas both outdoors,but when tj's horse was lame there wasnt the range of horse's to find a different ride for him. and he didnt like the horse he was put on.

I tried before we started to get in touch with the new one but my calls were never returned anyway yesterday we where driving past the end of the road where the new RS is situated so we went for a look. They've moved the office and no phone line new phone line yet

Well its massive they have 60+ horses they are BHS approved XC course, olyimpic sized outdoor area, indoor area. It was all singing and dancing so i spoke to a RI and she booked us in for a assessment tonight. It will cost me an extra £10 a week for the both of us I do think that there will be more scope for the pair of us at the bigger RS after talking to the RI said she'd but me in a ladies group and TJ in a childrens group. not sure wheather ive done the right thing?

Is big better? they only downside is we both like the RI we are having now at the small RS im in a dilema, sorry to go on.. will let you now how we get on

At the bigger yard, you will have a better range of horses and there will be more activities going on.

It is hard to change from one instructor to another, but sometimes it can be a very good thing.

Give it a couple of weeks - 10 pounds is not much to be able to carry on riding all through the winter without getting wet.

how did you get on? some years ago I made a similar move - but the other way - our "new" school is 30 mins away, but it was definitely great move

Well the assessment went really well and although i really like my RI i did feel i got more out of the 30 min ass, i do think the larger RS will be able to offer us more TJ is going into a child's group on a sunday and im to go into a ladies group on a sat but as it's only 5 mins away thats not a problem at all.

I've to have a couple of private lessons first before i go into the group the RI says i have a couple of issues that need sorting out first! whatever that means..

they do seem a alot more stricter than the smaller RS TJ hs been riding in wellies up to now but the RI said yesterday that the ass was the one and only time she would allow him to ride in them!

anyway will see what sunday brings and hopefully ill be in soon.. we had our last lesson at the smaller RS tonight we had already booked and paid for it, its a shame as i really like the horse i've been riding there and she seems to be begining to respond to me but im sure with 60+ horses to choose from i should be able to find one i like as much..

newrider.com