Ride with Your Mind Clinics

nani

Nov 20, 2007
Avon
Went to see Lynda Davey at Pembroke Centre in Wilts and am very inspired as was so interesting and can't wait to ride this morning.

Has anyone been to a Mary Wanless clinic around the country? What did you think?

Saw one a few years ago at an equine fair, it was interesting and somethings she said made sense, but I find her visulisations a bit 'rigid' for me. There is too much to think about and then I end up a little rigid robot and it all goes to pot!

Yeah I went to one a couple of years ago, plus I had a RWYM RI that came to give me weekly lessons - I really liked her approach.

I agree, the whole "bear down" system is abit rigid I have to say - I tried it this morning and it felt like I was trying to have a number two!

I persevered and he did round much better without reins but I couldn't stop thinking "this surely isn't how it's supposed to be...?" because I felt ridiculous! There is a coach near me. Should I give it another go?

I looked at Mary Wanless and am quite glad I went with Centered Riding where many of the principals are the same - as with Enlightened Equitation, but CR is more natural while still addressing the classical principles.
I have taught people who have experienced all the above and CR seems to suit them all but I think any method that shows kindness and thought to how we approach our riding and training is to encourage and we should all look to the greater good of our horses.

newrider.com