Ridden & Inhand M&M showing

ponylover88

Jul 12, 2004
I have a 14.2hh connemara grey mare. What do i need to wear (adult) and how do i turn her out? Can i use studs since it'll be on grass? Does she have to be in a pelham or can i use a nathe snaffle?

Its local level and its her first show.

Thanks

gemgemz.jpg

CIMG0330.jpg

affiliatedg.jpg

Also, is this saddle ok (obvs with a different numnah!)
DSC00014_1.jpg

For local level your current tack will be absolutely fine, she/he looks lovely in the pics, moves nice too, small studs should be fine but you prob wont need them. you need to wear long boots beige/cream/stone jods and tweed jacket of a colour that complements your horse, most people wear blue hat with flesh colour harness. Hope that helps a bit (",) good luck

Current tack will be fine (minus the seat saver too)
Bridle pref is flat browband & noseband but it will be fine for local without that.
Snaffle will be fine & is preferred especially if the pony is novice so the nathe is fine

You turnout:
Tweed
Shirt & tie
cream/canary jods
Long boots
brown gloves
navy hat

Pony:
keep feathers
tail long
mane free (looks a nice length in pics)
and sparkling clean :D

Inhand it is perfectly acceptable to use your ridden bridle with reins over the head :)

Who is she? She looks nice & ponyish :D

Thanks, my tweed is very finely stitched with cream, green and brown and i have a hunter green tie with gold spots. Would they be ok?

She can only go localish as unfortunately shes not registered, although according to her passport she has Carna Dun lines.

I have a HS1 skull cap which has a flesh coloured harness and i have a velvet cover to put over which disguises it very well :D

Thanks for the compliments, i think she has a very nice temperament too when shes not throwing a tantrum at something!

She doesnt really have any feathers, just a tiny bit at the back of her fetlock. Shes currently got a more natural mane than that, but plan on taking a comb to it one day this week to neaten her up as she just looks like a scruffbag!

newrider.com