Richardson - where to tie hay net

polly101

Sep 25, 2009
Shropshire
hi everyone

yesterday i picked up my new trailer to replace my bahill (which eh hem not even been out in yet!)

it is a richardson supreme. I cant see where i can put his haynet, there are no rings on the front by the window only on the side where i would tie him to but even if there were rings on the front i dont think he could reach the haynet there anyway as hes only 14.3 cob. Think i may have to get oh to put some more rings in for me.

Any Ideas or anyone else have this problem, PICS would be GREAT!:bounce: and any good things to say about richardson trailers would be nice too!! ha

Last edited:
Hiya, i have a really ancient Richardson .... circa 1970 - something lol

It has a wooden breast bar that bolts across the front, and a tie ring on either side, all i do is tie the horses up to the same ring as the net, with the quick release clip ropes that you can get now from most equesrian supplies.

Haynet in, breast bar in ... lead horse in, duck under breast bar, clip on rope clip (already clipped to ring, just clip onto head collar) take off leadrope ... et voila ... hope that helps somehow (if you can understand my babbling lol

This pic might help(when the partition isn`t in, then the haynet gets pulled behind the breast bar, when the partition is in (and there is 2 horses in, less space) the haynets stay the front side of the breats bar ....

DSC_0628.jpg

newrider.com