Returning items - postage

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
I bought some boots from equestrian.com. When they arrived, the wrong size had been sent (either that or their size guide is very wrong!). So I called immediately to inform them I'd be sending them back. I've just received an email to say I've been refunded, but it's only for the value of the boots and not the postage. I don't often buy things online. Is this normal? Seems like I've paid £4.99 for the privilege of waiting in to try on incorrect size boots!

In my experience, if they make a mistake or the item is defective, they refund postage but if you order the wrong size it's tough. I expect they will claim that they sent you the size you ordered. Not sure where you stand on duff size guides though!

If you ordered a size 4 and they sent a size 4, it's a case of every product is different.
Sadly they only have to refund the item cost and not the postage. If you return, you pay that.

Yeah if you ordered say a size five and that is what has been sent, then if they don't fit for whatever reason you have to pay return post. If however you ordered size five and they sent a four they should redeem you the cost.

I ordered a size 8 wide fit boot. On discussion with the company and measuring the boots they had sent me a size 8 regular. Not what I ordered. Hence I was a bit miffed about paying the postage!

In that case they should refund that. It's just etiquette and encourages you to return.

If they are at error then yes, for sure Id expect postage refunded also. My brothers firm does this if they have made an error ( shoe Retailer)

Reactions: Trewsers
Generally speaking, buyer pays postage on returns. If you think they are wrong or sold you the wrong product/size, then I'd politely ask if they will refund postage too. Equestrian.com are usual pretty good with their customer service, I've found.

I'm still waiting on my refund... It's been 7 working days since my email confirming refund of the cost of the boots. I've chased up my bank who say the payment isn't even pending. So I've had to chase up the company who have apologised and in turn chased up their accounts department. This just seems an awful long time to be waiting for the return of a reasonable amount of money. I wonder if they make things awkward to stop you returning items?!

I try to avoid clothes unless it's a make I know like Joules. Pretty safe with their sizes.

I normally only go for makes I know too. And had they sent me the actual size boots I'd ordered I'd have kept them...! Really disappointing as my experiences with them have always been positive!

newrider.com