Return to riding (and to this board!)

Ruffiane

Jun 1, 2004
Pennsylvania, USA
Visit site
Hello all and I'm so happy to rediscover this board (and I'm glad the colors haven't changed so I could recognize it right away!).

I had to stop riding in 2005 (lost my job and had several years of low-paying jobs). But in May of 2008 I found a wonderful new job outside Philadelphia (in the States) and a very nice new barn to start taking lessons again. I'm almost back where I was when I had to stop - walk, trot, canter and starting over crossrails.

Just wanted to say hello. This board was always so helpful. I've missed it!

Hi and welcome back. great to hear that you are starting where you left off and hopefully you can just progress further and further. Keep us informed of how you are getting on.

Speedy xx

Dear Ruffiane,

I too have returned to riding and returned to this forum! I started riding again two years ago at the age of 44 following a 20 year gap - I then had a confidence crisis, but following some excellent advice from this forum and one to one lessons I am back in the saddle - and loving it :)

My OH and I were lucky enough to spend 8 days in South Africa on a riding holiday late last year where I had my first (of several) gallops in 20 years.

Pxx

newrider.com