Return time

honey65

Jul 4, 2009
Bakewell, Derbyshire
Hi all

How are you all? Good Christmas breaks?

I am returning to New Rider Forum after a break of...blimey, I don't even know! Given the details on my account it must be ages! Since joining I have had 4 different jobs including one significant career change, and have just moved away from London to Bakewell in the peak district nearer to my family home (Sheffield).

The change has been the best thing I have ever done for me and my girls (now 13 and 11), and I wanted to reintroduce myself on the forum.

Our riding history
Girls

Ella and Eve both had lessons when they were 5-7 but they didn't embrace it - more like a nice pony ride, so I cut the cost and left them to make their own minds up about riding.
Ella started again when we moved at a fabulous school albeit 40 mins away from us in Alfreton. She is really trying hard. Eve quickly followed behind and now all Christmas present requests (that weren't Apple products) where horse related.

Me: Previously owned Comet, a very pretty but green 15.3h section A Dales. I was about as green as him so it wasn't a pretty pairing! We made each other nervous, and we had a bad incident hacking alone resulting in me breaking 2 ribs and him ultimately finding a new home with a Dales enthusiast.

I them had ligament replacement surgery on my knee and then never felt right or confident riding again while we were in London.

Watching the girls makes me want to yell instructions at them so I took up photography to pass the time. One day Winston, a lovely ID, looked right into me....it was an odd experience, but that was it. 3 days later I was tacking up Winston for my first lesson in 5(?) years and I am now totally hooked again :D:D:D Winston is now my avatar.

So hello all!

Lindsey

Reactions: Jessey and GaryB
Hello! Welcome back, I'm too new to remember you the first time but I'm sure plenty will :)

The Peak District sounds a wonderful place to live though!

My mind is blank - unusual.
Did you used to have another name here? Or ever mention you were from London?
You are welcome anyway as are all returnees -

Reactions: honey65
newrider.com