Resizing Photos....how I do it!!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I do it on my phone and it takes about a minute, it's dead simple. I've taken some screenshots of the app to illustrate.

So I have this app on my phone from the Play Store (free)

Screenshot_20171009-124756-600x1067.png

To upload a pic, I open the app and get this screen...

Screenshot_20171009-124815-600x1067.png

I click on "select photos" which takes me straight into the albums on my phone. I select my pic and get this screen (sample pic!)

20171009_124938-600x1067.png
I then click on the 4 arrows at the top (circled red) which takes me to this screen...

20171009_125000-600x1067.png

I select the size as circled and this automatically saves it into a folder in my gallery that the app creates and appropriately calls "Resized Photos"

Then it's just a case of uploading it through the forum system.

Hope this helps.

Do you have an android phone @domane? I can't find this on the app store for my iphone. I did download something that looked similar and was similar to operate but the quality of the downsized image was dire so I gave up again. I really wish I'd stuck to a Galaxy now, trying to do stuff on the iphone is like walking with a nail in your boot!

Ah yes, sorry.... I do have an Android phone. I just assumed that the same app would be available for iPhones, but clearly that would be far too simple!! :rolleyes:

Sorry!

Bodshi you can do it from your photos on the iPhone, go to photos, select the one you want, tap edit, bottom left is the crop icon, hit that and you can make it smaller, pick up a specific detail, you’ll also see what looks like three sheets of paper one on top of another in different sizes, bottom right of your screen, if you hit that you’ll get the option to resize too, hit done and your finished :)

Reactions: domane
Bodshi you can do it from your photos on the iPhone, go to photos, select the one you want, tap edit, bottom left is the crop icon, hit that and you can make it smaller, pick up a specific detail, you’ll also see what looks like three sheets of paper one on top of another in different sizes, bottom right of your screen, if you hit that you’ll get the option to resize too, hit done and your finished :)

Thanks so much for this - I think I may have actually done one. I've googled how to do that so many times and all I've come up with is apps to download. That is so much easier, even if I don't know what the numbers mean.

I just don't find this iPhone intuitive at all lol. Maybe I just have an android brain instead of an apple one ...

Thanks so much for this - I think I may have actually done one. I've googled how to do that so many times and all I've come up with is apps to download. That is so much easier, even if I don't know what the numbers mean.

I just don't find this iPhone intuitive at all lol. Maybe I just have an android brain instead of an apple one ...
I know the feeling, I have recently switched from Android and it does take some getting used to for sure.

I downloaded an app to resize with, it was a PITA, had to upload each pic to it, faf about, save to phone and do the same again for the next pic, ok if you are only doing 1 pic, a pain if you have several. For multiples I just upload to facebook as an album which only I can see, then save them back to my phone from there and it has automatically resized them.

newrider.com