Removing sticky labels...?

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
I have the most atrocious label to try and get off.

The paper has come off but not the stick. Its on a plastic box. I have soaked it for half an hour in hot hot soapy water to no avail, and soaked it in vinegar... does anyone have any bright ideas?? :(

if you have any vodka try that. Ethanol tends to get sticky off but doubt you have pure ethanol in your house like us :giggle: so the strongest proof alcohol you have should help it off with a slightly abrasive cloth.

I agree with Jovi_y2k2, nail varnish remover. I have a friend whose a nurse and she has some really good stuff hospital use for removing plaster marks on patients she swears it removes anything, sorry don't know what it's callled

something abrasive like sugar and soap? or ash from a fire, gets baked on soot from our wood burner of the glass a treat, not sure if its any good for getting things of other stuff though

or there are things called Zoff Wipes, my mum used to swear by them when me and my brother were little

I remember reading that eucalyptus oil works, but I haven't tried it myself. I've got some "sticky stuff remover" - I think it's called that - from Kleeneze which is very effective.

According to my OH you need something with oil in it. We have products like Goo Be Gone and one for taking squeak out of doors (can't remember the name) - like a lubriquant.

Overkill.gif

Flame thrower?

WOW yes though it might have melted box :giggle:

Though now I have a perfect shiny square and the rest of the box scratched where I was attacking it with scourer :rolleyes: LOL

I have a friend whose a nurse and she has some really good stuff hospital use for removing plaster marks on patients she swears it removes anything,

Ether - you can buy a bottle very cheaply at your local pharmacist :wink:
It reeks a bit so best to use in a well ventelated area but is the best for removing plaster glue from skin too !

newrider.com