Remembering the course - first show!

myhorseisginger

Mar 17, 2007
Hi, am going to my first show for many years next weekend, only small 2'6 /2'9class but still scared! I'm mainly worried about forgetting the course - the fences are numbered but that only helps when you can see the number i guess! - does anyone have any tips on remembering the course? Thanks x :)

Bet your really excited! First tip - try not to worry, the more worried you are the more likely it is that your mind will go blank! I walk the course, then just run through the course in my head & imagine doing it, then stand in the middle of the arena pointing at each jump in turn a couple of times. If you can watch a few people go round before you go, that usually helps too. Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun - I'm very jeolous because my sj show has been cancelled:mad:

Hi, thanks for that - I think the people at my yard think i'm mental -it's no big deal really, just a small local show but it's just cos it's the first one for years! Once i've done it i know i will wonder what all the fuss was about!! Sorry to hear about your show - it's so disappointing when that happens.... I was meant to be going to a show last weekend and got all dressed up and hacked down there only to find it was the wrong show - it was the pony club championships and the classes started at 2'9 - didn't want to be shown up by 8 years olds so scarpered pretty quick!!! :)

newrider.com