Rehoming cats - where to start?

Jul 15, 2005
Essex
I wonder if anyone can help me please? I need to rehome my sister's cats who were to live with me permanently whilst she has moved overseas. We thought it would work out with our cat, but several months on her two are making our cat's life a misery.

I really don't know where to start in finding them a home. They are both female moggies, spayed, in good health - one is 5 and the other is 8. They are both fantastic pets, but can't stay with me.

Does anyone know of any rehoming sites please? :confused: :(

The Original Crazywoman,
try the cats protection,these are the best cat charity in the country,and even if have not got a centre near by there should be some adopters who work for them to take them in-these are C/P staff who take cats into their own homes until they can be rehomed,and even if a cat cannot be rehomed,they still house it with one of their own rather than PTS.

the C/Ps helpline [which also has email/not just phone]:
http://www.cats.org.uk/workwedo/helpline.asp they will be able to give the nearest rehoming place.

avoid the RSPCA/PDSA.

Sorry to hear your dilema. Have you tried advertising them?

The Cats protection do a great job, but word of warning that they may not be of immdeiate help as they do tend to be over subscribed. We took in an old cat from a friend last year. He needed to re-home her (personal circumstances, and the poor cat had actually been dumped on him 6 months previous by his nieghbours who had emigrated). Becasue the cat had a physical home all they could do was put his details on a list for people to read, but they couldn't take it in for him. He still had the cat several months later and was getting desperate, but again the CP couldn't actually take the cat in unless it was "abandoned" or a "cruelty" case.

giveusahome may come up with someone and specific help in where to go. If your not wanting anything for them there if also freetogoodhome. They have a lot of charities offering help and advice and organising people together.

newrider.com