Recommended North East RI's

kirstie

Dec 6, 2005
North East
You all will be bombarded with threads in the next month so i can prepare to make sure i've thought of every solution to helping me and amba! :eek: :p

Right i've decided to get a good RI for once a week lessons probably starting September onwards for a couple of months, to involve jumping preferably as this is both of our weaknesses and schooling and flatwork as were both terrible, and i get bored if someone isn't instructing me on what to do!

So my question is anybody know any good ones, really good who give lots of instruction, help and advice. No more than 45minutes either direction of Stockton! :)

I'd say 25-30 minutes do they have instructors that come out to you? I forgot about that Riding centre!

there is a guy called ian brown i've been watching my friend have a lesson there today hes fab! really got her and her horse going my friend was nervous to jump last feb and now she is aiming to pre novice affiliated eventing! :D dunno if he comes out or if you go there? i ride at eston but think tou can take your own horse there too hope that helps

My instructor, without a doubt, is one of the best I've ever had. She works mainly in Redcar/Marske area, but I think she lives in Eston. She is free-lance, but I don't know if she will come out to Stockton :confused: . I don't have her number on me, I'm afraid, but she can usually be contacted through Topflight Equestrian Ltd in Marske - they're on Yell.com.

Good Luck! :D

I think you'll probably need to travel to Ian, he's pretty busy.

If you want to focus on jumpin/eventing there is a lady called Pippa Hahn who events and dressages to a high level. She is based in Waterhouses near Durham but she does travel - PM me if you want her contact details.

Claire Dryden at Blue House Farm, Claxton (near Dalton Piercy) she is mainly dressage, not sure how much jumping instruction she gives.

Gwyneth Lewis at New Moors training & livery centre at Evenwood Gate, nr Bishop Auckland. Pure dressage but competes and judges at a very high level. (I train with her and my other trainers do clinics at her yard)

Well i cant travel at the moment because amba is terrible to load but fine to travel :rolleyes: we will be working on it though!

Anybody heard of thses there from thr BHS webiste -

Miss J Baxter BHSII - middlesborough

Mrs J Brooks BHSII - Yarm - kirklevington

Mrs S J Moiser BHSII - South Causey Equestrian Centre, Stanley

Mrs L A Perry BHSII - Hartlepool - heard of her

Don't know the first two at all.

Latter two don't travel. Lesley Perry has her own riding school and is also busy carting her daughter around Europe and the UK most of the summer - Annie is on the British Young Rider Dressage team.

Thanks my friend did work expereince at Leslie Perry's and said she was hardly there so i'll email the first two and see what prices and whether they come out and what type of instruction they do! :)

newrider.com